What you will do
- Learn how devices on a network can obtain IP Address configuration automatically using DHCP.
- Understand the steps involved in DHCP and the acronym DORA.
- Learn about DHCP Exclusions, Reservations and Relays.
- Configure DHCP services on servers and Cisco routers.
- Understand how the Domain Name System works.
- Understand how Network Address Translation is used to allow devices on a private network to communicate with devices on the public internet.
What you will need
- An understanding of unicast and broadcast traffic and how they are handled by a switch.
- Knowledge of the Address Resolution Protocol and ICMP.
- An understanding of default gateways and basic routing.
- Knowledge of how VLANs and trunk links work.
After taking this course you will
- have a thorough understanding of the DHCP protocol and DHCP messages;
- be able to configure DHCP scopes, exclusions and reservations on servers and network devices;
- understand DHCP relays and the use of "ip helpers";
- understand the purpose of DNS and how it works;
- understand and configure Network Address Translation on Cisco routers.